6.02.2009

Introduction

A couple of days ago I was thinking: “There are web designers who blog and give great advice about how to design a website. There are programmers who can certainly help people to fix codes or to implement scripts. I am no professional designer or programmer, but there must be something valuable that I can share coming from my own background.”


What is my background you might ask? In 2005 I received a degree in International Economics with a minor in Business Strategy, and I have also worked for a large multinational company inside the Marketing and Business Development department.

After reflecting upon the mentioned question I realized that blogging could borrow many principles from management and business strategy. A blog, after all, can be perfectly compared to a business entity. It has managers (authors), inputs (ideas and information), outputs (posts and articles), clients (readers), competitors (bloggers or other websites on the same niche), partners (blog networks, friends), performance indicators (traffic, RSS subscribers, incoming links) and so on.

Considering all those similarities I decided to write a series of posts called”Blogging Strategy”�, with the objective of applying some important business strategy concepts to blogging. Whether your goal is to make a living from blogging or simply to share your ideas, there is no reason why you should not do it strategically!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment